Changes for the Safety of our Patients and Staff
- If you have a fever over 100 degrees, cough or shortness of breath, or suspect you are infected with COVID-19, please call ahead for screening prior to visiting campus.
- If scheduled for an appointment at Floyd Valley Healthcare, we are asking that you come by yourself or if a pediatric patient with one adult only.
- For the time being we are not allowing any visitors in safety and concern for our patients.
- There will be a few exceptions: one significant other per OB patient, one parent for pediatric patients and immediate family of patients that are receiving end of life care. To discuss your particular situation, please contact Mindi Miller, Nursing Service Manager at 712.546.3440.
- FVH will be suspending all elective surgeries until further notice. We need to conserve resources including protective equipment; gowns, masks, inpatient beds and other supplies. Procedures are not cancelled altogether, our staff will be calling to reschedule patients in the near future.
- We are taking donations of N95 masks, face masks, face shields, gloves and new or used goggles. Please drop these items off at the East Entrance.
Material and Design Information for Homemade Masks
Pattern and instructions can be found HERE.
- Optimal fabric is single ply cotton-blend t-shirt material (newer shirts; not worn or tattered)
- Second choice for fabric is quilting cotton
- Pre-wash material prior to sewing
- Head loop or ear-loop preferred over ties (ties tend to tangle in laundry)
- Masks with ties may be sewn if no elastic available
- Medium or Large size
- Fabric, - ½ yard per 2-3 masks
- Elastic band, approximately ¼” wide, or elastic hair tie/band
- Head loop preferred due to ability to obtain tighter fit;
- If head-loop, elastic band - 23 inch long
- If ear-loop, - 8 inches long OR, elastic hair tie/band may be used
- Ties may be used instead of head or ear loops.
- Four ties (2 upper edges, 2 lower edges), each ~ 16” long.
- OR, 2 long ties (one each side), - 36” that is sewn along out sides of each mask so that approximately 16” extends from each upper and lower edge of mask.
- All-purpose thread
- Sharpie pen
- Staff will need to enter either the main East or West Entrances for screening upon arriving to work. The East Entrance will be staffed from 6 am –10 pm. After hours, please use the phone to contact the ED to be screened for entry. The West Entrance will be staffed Mon–Thurs from 6:15 am – 8 pm, 6:15 am - 5 pm on Friday and 8 am – 12 pm on Saturday. All other doors will remain locked.
- There are shortages of certain supplies, so we ask that you use PPE in the appropriate settings only as defined by policy.
- We thank our volunteers for their unwavering support, but we are asking that they remain safe in their home during this time. You will be alerted when you may resume volunteering. This includes the closing of the Gift Shop.
- Internal classes for employees will continue to be offered as scheduled (CPR, ACLS, PALS).
- We will continue to work with graduate level students that are currently here for their training, but will not be accepting new students or high school or undergraduate students.